Master of Science in Chemistry
Our MSc degree introduces you to research in a specific field of chemistry, and opens the door to a series of advanced courses.
The curriculum focuses on different aspects of research:
- Designing and interpreting experiments
- Advancing scientific knowledge
- Developing critical skills
- Fall, winter and summer admission
- Daytime classes
- Full-time and part-time
- 45 credits, which includes 36 for the MSc thesis
The degree is completed with the writing and defence of a thesis dealing with a specific aspect of chemistry.
The Department of Chemistry and UdeM offer many scholarships for students, as well as the possibility of complete financial assistance comparable to that offered at other leading Canadian universities.
Questions about this program?
Nancie Laflamme, Graduate Program Administrative Assistant: 514 343-6111, ext. 3830
Hélène Lebel, Full Professor, Graduate Program Co-ordinator: 514 343-5826
All about this program (in French)
Find a thesis supervisor
Internships (in French)
International (in French)
Job outlook for graduates in this discipline
The + of studying chemistry at the Université de Montréal!
- Internationally renowned professors.
- Prestigious lectures and seminars led by international experts.
- Close links with the industry in Montréal, home to many of the country's largest laboratories.
- Many scholarships and the possibility of complete financial assistance.
- Research chairs, groups and centres contributing to the work of professors, researchers, and graduate and postgraduate students.